Saturday, June 4, 2011

IMG00151-20110604-1254.jpg

Packed and waiting to leave for Kerr Lake.

Packing for an overnight race has proven interesting the last two times. This time is even worse. Normally for a weekend, its bike, race bag, and a bag of clothes/toiletries between us. Since I don't like taking my wheel off before a race it limits space even more than a bike in general.

For this race I have all my camp stuff in an action packer, plus regular pillows (instead of my normal stuff sack w/ clothes), plus linens in another bag (I'm bringing an air mattress since I'm not backpacking why rough it), then it becomes a question of how to fit everything. I don't like anything hard near my bike and I don't want to get anything girly on it (or cb doesn't want bike grease on her bags). I put everything in with great care, but it never fails I bumped my pedals and dropped my chain.

Had a great swim yesterday. 1000m plus a few extra w/ fins. The guard said the temp was 86+. My wet suit hasn't got here yet, but the race director posted the water was 82 this morning. Don't need the wet suit but so much for 2 days shipping.

Off to the race!
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

4 comments:

LB said...

have fun, cant wait to hear the results!

Kate Geisen said...

Good luck!

Patrick Mahoney said...

Don't let the warm water dehydrate you - drink in T1

Drink mucho grande on the bike!

300 calories on the bike!

Bring a gel for the run just in case!

You'll nail it.

Caratunk Girl said...

Have so much fun Luke!