Monday, November 1, 2010

103110

Goals: recovery run, eat halfway healthy

Results: 1 mile run.HA.

Diet setbacks: didn't eat too healthy, but not calling any of it a setback.

Morning Weight: 206

Thoughts: I was lazy today. I will admit it. My aim was to eat half way healthy but eat some fun stuff for breakfast as a reward. I had french toast with butter and powdered sugar. It was everything I thought it would be. Planned a healthy salad for lunch but the in-laws wanted us to go out with them to a little greasy spoon, no healthy options so I sucked it up. Dinner not so bad.

I had a new first today. After lunch we got home and I went to work on my race report. CB changed and said "I'm going to the gym are you coming" and I said "no I'm going to finish this and run later".  Never has CB gone to the gym and I stayed home. It's like the twilight zone.

After dinner I changed out to run and grabbed Holly. I wanted a nice slow three mile recovery run. It was late, I was cold, my hamstrings were aching, and I really just wanted to go to bed. I wrapped it up at a mile.

One thing I can say is that I have no soreness in my calves, the calf sleeves work. Today I just had soreness in my chest, arms, abs, and upper legs. sheesh.

Today I have a decision I need to make. I have decided to forego the Disney World Half Marathon, sadly. The cost of the trip is really not in our budget. Especially with saving for a bike and all. When I picked that race as what I wanted to do, I had a to secret back up race. The 10k I have as a "B" race on my schedule has a half marathon option. I have decided to do that instead.

The decision I need to make is how to alter my training schedule. It is time AGAIN to adapt and overcome. I am following a 12 week half marathon plan. I have completed the first two weeks. With the race change I would need to move to week 9, clearly skipping 6 weeks. Due to some altering of the first two weeks of the schedule I ended up running 19 miles last week and about 31 the week before. The mileage for week 9 is 21.5. So this would be right in line with what I have been doing. The mileage is only that high because the plan calls for a 15k race on Sunday. Essentially I ran that last weekend. Not much concern there. The only thing that even concerns me is the speed work. The 400 repeats would go from last weeks 5 to 9 this week. This might not even be something that should concern me.

Tell me what you think!

2 comments:

Caratunk Girl said...

Way to adapt and overcome, and call it when you needed to.

You have been consistently training since I have been following you, so at least since early this summer. Putting yourself at week 9 shouldn't be a problem at all. My only caution would be on the speedwork - I would err on the side of caution with that, as over doing speedwork too early could potentially lead to injury...Just be smart and listen to your body.

Good luck with training, you are totally ready for this.

Jon said...

Luke! You won my blog giveaway! You won the Finis Swim Fulcrums. Congrats!

Shoot me an email to campbell.jon@gmail.com with your address and I will have em in the mail ASAP.