Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Thinking........

I am not sure about everywhere, but in North Carolina the leader in fundraising for the Special Olympics is the North Carolin Law Enforcement Community. With this come 6 months of bakes sales, polar plunges, and a number of other events in order to raise money at my institution. In addition to this our Prison Emergency Response Team also does a fundraiser by participating in a plane pull competition against other law enforcement agencies.

In order to raise the entry fee we held a raffle this year and since our team is made up of staff from a dozen institutions we sold them at our respective units. Our tactical team raised almost $1000 and yesterday before we got underway with our "activities" the drawing was held. there were three prizes and I won the 2nd place prize- a $75 gift card to Dick's Sporting Good.

This I great! With the exception of my new trisuit and a few cycling items that I have bought this year, most of my workout clothing is  5 years old and entirely too big. A few items have lost their draw stings and do not stay up. I have a few pairs of compression shorts that have some almost see through panels. I have been trying to figure out how to get some new tech gear to workout in and this solves it.

The card is already burning a hole in my pocket and I can't use it until this weekend when i can leave town and go to the closet store.  I was going to buy new Under Armour shirts and shorts but it appears the price has gone up. The compression shorts I used to pay $19 for are now $29 and $34. I if technical workout clothes are going to be outrageously priced I will continue wearing my too big items.

I am now thinking of buy just one shirt or one pair of shorts and buying a few other items these include:

hand paddle
extra goggles (maybe)
mesh bag for swim gear
Jammers (my first pair)

I am looking for suggestions for other items that would be good, I have two pairs of goggles (one I love and one that I deal with), fins, and kickboard.

WHAT ELSE SHOULD I CONSIDER?

3 comments:

Big Daddy Diesel said...

I would hit the clearance rack, might get lucky there. Instead of jammers, maybe a drag suit, so when you swim at a race, you feel faster because your use to swimming in something designed to slow you down.

misszippy said...

Pull buoy? Definitely get into the store, though, rather than just online. They always have good sales going. Enjoy the shopping!

LB said...

what an awesome dilemma to have....im no good at making shopping decisions though, as evidenced by my total SPLURGE VFF purchase last week!!! i always buy my workout tech material clothes on clearance.

btw, are you still writing for examiner.com?