Wednesday, September 15, 2010

091510

Goal: BRICK!!!! with 3 mile run/jog- first 1.5m @ 5k pace

Results: 11 miles in 45:48, 1.5 miles in 14:03 (9:22 pace)

Diet setbacks: 2 cans of Pepsi.

Thoughts: This has been sort of a long week so far, and I am glad it is this far gone. For the last three days I have been in training learning how to use the NC criminal information software and the FBI NCIC programs. By the way for three days we learned how to use software without ever touching a computer. Luckily, today we got out early which gave me plenty of time for my workout.

I rode the local tri loop and completed it in 45:48. I think this is a new record for me, I can't figure out how to track the course record on Garmin training center because I can't make a multi sport lap into a course. I set up my transition area and took 59 seconds. I had an issues I had never had before. As I come in I always loosen my bike shoes, but today as a started to jump off the bike the force flipped the Velcro back in place on my left foot. I jumped off the bike and ended up with one shoe on the bike and one still on my foot. This completely threw off my run to my transition area and on top of it I had to stop to get the shoe off. Still not a bad time and I'd rather have problems happen at home instead of a race.

Once I transitioned I went for my run and finished in the first 1.5 mile in 14:03. It was 12 seconds slower than my last 1 mile brick pace, but today I worker harder on the bike. Cut my time down there but added time on the run. That pace would still lead to a sub 30 time and that's my 5k goals in general. getting it coming off the bike would make it even better. One thing I noticed was that for some reason my shoes felt more comfortable running off the bike than my old shoes did. This was made even better by the fact that I have been feeling like they are not as comfortable as my old shoes. Finally something positive I have been able to say about the new shoes.

Lastly, registered for a 5k this weekend. Can't wait to see my goal time and knock something else off my list for the year.

6 comments:

Molly said...

hey, your diet setbacks are getting better! : )

nice workout, good luck in the 5k this weekend.

and thanks for all the great comments during my marathon training, I can't believe it's over!

KovasP said...

Isn't it great when new shoes finally feel good? You don't want to get rid of them, but...

Caratunk Girl said...

Best of luck this weekend in the 5k! And yeah, what Kovas said!!

Oh, and great new PR on the tri loop course!

Unknown said...

Good luck for the 5k, looking forward to hearing about it!

Patrick said...

Thanks for the excellent words of support on my blog today; much appreciated!

Signed up for a 5k this weekend huh, goota like that impulsive response to fitness. What is your desired time to complete?

Unknown said...

Great, I was entertained by the post. I learn more things on it. Thanks!!!

zbsports