Thursday, July 8, 2010

...and the saga continues...

9th day on the escape and 12th day of work straight. Ranging between 13 and 16 hours a day. Up until today I have been on the night shift. Yesterday, Wednesday, and they told me to take the night off and report back on Thursday night. Remembering the joys of 3rd shift I knew not to go to bed and mess my sleep cycle up ruining me for the next day. So I planned a days worth of activities like cleaning house, swim, core work, but first yard work because I know the mid day sun will keep me awake. After a few hours I was called and told not to report just remain on standby as the search will be called off Thursday afternoon. Now I have to regroup. I need to drop what I'm doing and regroup to go back on a normal schedule. No time now to swim. By bed time I was too tired for my core workout.
Today, set my alarm for an am swim and slept through the alarm for an hour, just enough time to shower and make it to work. weighed myself and noted I have gained 10lbs, heaviest since before the beginning of the year. Brought my gym bag to make a lunch workout. 2 hours into the day, I get called that there was a sighting of the inmate and I need to gear up. I have been on patrol on the same 2 miles of road ever since.

I sure hate when real life gets in the way of the things I want to do. I was planning to do a tri 4 fun at the end of July and this an obstacle for my Sunday brick I was going to do at the race site. And I started a new training plan (actually 2 but more on that later) ad haven't got a full workout yet. Everything is running together but I remember 1 swim, 1 ride, 1 hour max assessment and 1 mile run. On top of it all I missed by bike fitting! On a positive not I was able to put together a race schedule for the rest of the year. 9916 clear.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

3 comments:

River said...

I'm 25 and already I can't just "skip" sleep. But I've always been serious about my 8 hours. I don't know how you do it. More power to you for not scrabbling your schedule! Well I couldn't do what you do and I'm not trying to be nice or anything.
By the way there is no email adress around here!! :)

Big Daddy Diesel said...

Hang in there and do what you can do, we all know your pain

Patrick said...

Man it sure seems like real life is causing you to swing at Catfish Hunter curve balls with a broken-toothpick, good luck with that. Any relif to your schedule in sight?