I received the award from Patrick at Responsibility 199.
I was informed that the rules for this award are:
1. Thank the person giving the award
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 newly discovered blogs.
4. Let your nominees know about the award.
1- Let me thank Patrick for the recognition.
2- 7 things about me, this is gonna be tough and I have been thinking about it all day. It's tough because I tend to TMI on here and it's hard to think about things I haven't said before.
- I grew up with 3
evilsisters and my mom. I can cook, clean and sew. I always blame it on being surrounded by estrogen, but none of my sisters can do any of those things. I have my own sewing machine and think quilting is cool.
- One of the many college jobs I had was as a stitcher in a costume shop for the university theater department. When they couldn't pay me anymore I agreed to continue to work for drawing lessons. I still can't draw.
- I was told by my high school guidance counselor that I wasn't suited for higher education and that she saw a help wanted sign at the grocery store that morning I should go check on.
- I have 5 documented learning disabilities. (hope that explains some of the mistakes in my writing, sometime I can't see them)
- I completed a traditional two-year master's program (on campus) in 13 months.
- I have yet to find a job at education level in my field (i.e. town administrator, prison warden, grant writer, policy analyst)
- I have always wanted to serve our country in the armed forces but weight and asthma ruled me out. If I get my weight down I still may attempt to enlist as a reservist. (U.S. Coast Guard has an enlistment program for experienced professionals that only requires a 2 week basic training, that would limit my time away from work)
In no order:
Fit, Fat, and Back
I am Boring
Dangle the Carrot
Endurance Athlete Project
BTW- I know it's 6, see I can't leave people off, this is hard.
Now...time for my daily accountability record
Today blew by with a lot to do at work. I ate pretty healthy, but had 20 wings for dinner. I decided that in the future I will order them without sauce and that should make them healthier.
For my bike ride I wanted to find a place that was flat so I could put in a fast workout in the big ring (similar to race day I hope), I have not been able to find anywhere flat thus far so I called my lbs. They laughed at me and told me to move somewhere else. Again, why I am boycotting that bike shop. They had a chance to redeem themselves and failed miserably. My best solution for a flat ride was to ride 8 loops around the 1 mile circle in my neighborhood. .7 mile is flat or slightly downhill with a .3 climb (my block). On the fastest portion I topped out at 24mph, I completed the 8 miles in 35:01 and did it all in the big ring. I even did the climb in the big ring. Today I even managed to climb faster than usual averaging between 8-10mph, with my max climbing speed previously at 6mph (I think). Afterwards I completed a core workout week 3, day two of the 100 push up challenge.
Tomorrow is my rest day and I am looking forward to it. for the last 5 days I have been stuck at 220 lbs. Although I am happy I got off all the weight I put on during the escape, it is frustrating because it is 1 pound from my next benchmark and I just can't get there. Tomorrow I am going to have a half free day as I have a date to rent a movie and eat pizza with my wife. Hopefully the increased calories will be good for my metabolism. Sunday morning is my long run, so I am not worried about it too much.
I hope everyone has a safe weekend with their families and I am sending positive thoughts to anyone racing.