This morning I set out to ride for 30 minutes just to check my adjustments and acclimate to a road bike. I tried not stray too far from home since it was early and dark. Don't worry I have a flashing red LED attached to my butt! I ended up riding 27 minutes and 5 miles on the head per my computer, ending right back at my driveway. I hit a top speed of 15mph and avg of 10.1. I hit one MAJOR hill, and stopped at 4 intersections. My speed is still slower than my goal. I was averaging 11 mph on my mtb so I was hoping that the road bike would bump me up to 12-15. I have a goal of at least 15 mph average. This way I can finish a sprint ride in around an hour.
Still having a few problems:
- The largest problem is my hands cramping and it makes me readjust every few minutes,
- still haven't found a comfortable hand position that lets me feel I have good control either,
- shifting is worrisome as I have to stop pedaling and take a hand of my already shaky bars to do it,
- climbing still seems harder on this than my mtb often getting passes my old women using walkers, and
- now after changing the cant on my seat I have a little too much pressure on my "undercarriage" but I can probably fix that.